Advertising

We are investigating the recent Borno killings – Nigerian army

The Theater Command of Joint Task Force ‘Operation Hadin Kai’ in the North-East said it was investigating a report on the recent killing of farmers in Rann, the headquarters of the Kala-Balge Local Government Council in Borno state.

BORNO

Advertising

Recall that it was reported on Monday, May 23, that 45 farmers were killed and buried by Boko Haram insurgents and many more will be identified.

Theater commander Major-General Christopher Musa said an investigation was under way to confirm what had happened.

Advertising

 

AFP also reported on Tuesday, May 24, quoting two military leaders, that rebels had killed 30 men in retaliatory attacks after the death of their commanders in a military coup in Borno.

 

Military leaders say Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) has arrested men in Mudu village in the Dikwa area on Saturday, May 21. in the region.

Advertising

Military leader Babakura Kolo told AFP in the regional capital, Maiduguri;

“Most of the 30 men were killed by ISWAP terrorists and a few who were trying to flee were shot.

“They were metal assassins who were in the area looking for burnt vehicles that filled the valleys north of Borno following the terrorist attacks.”

Advertising

Read Also:Police rescues Ebonyi child sold for N355,000 in Anambra

Another military leader, Umar Ari, said ISWAP had blamed the men who had been killed for transmitting information about their military positions in the area.

 

Ari said;

 

The 30 men were unfortunate that they were in the area at the time when the terrorists were mourning the deaths of two of their commanders killed in the war.”

Advertising

3 thoughts on “We are investigating the recent Borno killings – Nigerian army”

  1. Pingback: dtr
  2. Pingback: superkaya88

Leave a Comment